Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry strives to give your child the best care at an affordable price so that your child can receive the dental healthcare he or she needs to have healthy, clean, strong, white teeth for a lifetime. Dental Insurance plans are intended to reduce the out of pocket cost of dental care for the patient by covering a portion of the cost for services rendered. Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO’s) are designed to reduce those costs further. Insurance providers negotiate lower fees within a network of dentists. By joining the PPO, dentists agree to charge a lower rate. Along with the agreed upon lower rates, the insurance provider commits to paying a percentage of that cost. This ultimately provides the patient with lower cost out of pocket. Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry is part of the Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with the following insurance providers:
- Tricare thru United Concordia (Active Duty Military)
- United Concordia thru Dental Health Alliance
- Aetna Plus thru the Dental Health Alliance
- Washington Apple Health/Medicaid as primary insurance for patients referred by their primary care/dental provider for treatment only (Routine care permitted with Washington Apple Health as secondary coverage).
Dental Insurance Categories
The incidental costs and percentages covered by dental insurance providers for the care and treatment provided by the dentists, can typically be broken down into these three categories:
- Preventative Care: Dental insurance plans typically cover 100% of preventative care. This includes annual check-ups, routine cleanings and bitewing x-rays. Depending on your provider, other services that may be covered under preventative care are: topical fluoride application, and dental sealants for children. This care helps prevent cavities, gum disease, enamel wear and more.
- Basic Care: Most dental insurance plans cover 80% of the cost of basic care. This may include fillings, minor tooth extractions, and other basic services. Typically, these services are necessary treatments.
- Major Care: Root canals, major surgeries, crowns, bridges, and dentures, and orthodontics may be covered up to 50% by some insurance providers.
Other than preventative treatment, which will be covered 100% by your dental insurance provider, patients will typically incur a deductible before the dental insurance provider will pay the agreed upon percentage. A typically deductible amount per procedure is $50-$100. Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry will gladly review and discuss all insurance benefits, deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses and total cost pertaining to your child’s treatment prior to the procedure.
Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry & Dental Insurance
Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry is happy to file any forms necessary to make sure you obtain the full benefits of your dental insurance policy. Understanding your dental insurance plan benefits is crucial to getting the most out of your care. Small to Tall Pediatric Dentistry will be happy to talk you through your plan’s benefits and schedule the proper treatment plan for your child.